Outreach Program Overview
Exploration Systems Mission Directorate (ESMD) Guiding Principles
1) Advance the development of new exploration capabilities, supporting technologies,
and foundational research.
2) Enhance the knowledge of human space exploration across generations.
Exploration Systems Mission Directorate Education will
1) Extend NASA's reach into the talent pool of our nation in an effort to attract
undergraduate, graduate, and post-doctoral students and retain them in careers
in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM).
2) Promote valuable and productive learning experiences for these students through
active participation in funded ESMD research and capability development.
3) Inspire and motivate the next generation of explorers to pursue careers in
science, technology, engineering, and mathematics and STEM education.
4) Develop valuable interactive learning experiences for K-12 and informal education
programming to enhance the knowledge of human space exploration and ESMD exploration
NASA's Web of Life is tasked by the Exploration Systems Mission Directorate
with imparting the relevancy and results of NASA's research on the Internet.
By doing so, NASA will improve scientific and technical literacy, contribute
to academic excellence, and help ensure the availability and quality of a new
Email NASA: Include
your mailing address when requesting materials.
Or write to:
Exploration Systems Missions Directorate Education Outreach -
Mailcode FBOP, Kennedy Space Center, FL 32899
Technical concerns only: Jason Odom, Web Developer, 321-867-3359